General terms and conditions for work
1. General Terms and Conditions for Work:
The General Terms and Conditions for Work at the GR – Ljubljana Exhibition and Convention Centre set out measures to ensure occupational safety and health, fire protection, and the rights of the company Gospodarsko razstavišče d.o.o. Ljubljana, Dunajska cesta 18, and the obligations of:
- the Host (pursuant to the Public Events Act defined as the Organiser) – i.e., the person who will use the premises and other services of the GR – Ljubljana Exhibition and Convention Centre for the event;
- the Contractor (e.g., the Exhibitor or their Contractor or another Contractor) when carrying out work at the GR during the installation, dismantling, and the event itself.
The Organiser is fully responsible for the Contractors selected by the Organiser and undertakes to make them fully aware of the General Terms and Conditions for Work at the GR.
2. Access to the GR and responsible persons:
Access to the GR during the installation, event, and dismantling shall be granted to the Organiser’s staff and Contractors on the basis of a pass issued by the Organiser or other arrangements as agreed between the Organiser and the GR.
Before the work commences, the Organiser shall designate staff:
- occupational safety and health and fire safety officer who shall be responsible for occupational safety and health and fire safety;
- Organiser’s person for the coordination of the event.
All representatives of the Organiser and the Contractor shall be obliged to show their ID card or agreed document on entering the GR and upon each request by the steward.
3. Each Organiser is obliged to:
- appoint a responsible person for occupational safety and health and fire safety and a person from the Organiser to coordinate the event;
- carry out the work in such a way as not to endanger one’s own workers, those of other Contractors, and third parties;
- comply with all occupational safety and health regulations, fire safety regulations, all applicable technical regulations and standards, the General Terms and Conditions for Work at the GR, and the Event Instructions, if any;
- ensure that their employees are instructed in safe working practices, are medically fit for the work, and have personal protective equipment and appropriate work equipment and devices at their disposal. They must also ensure that first-aid arrangements are in place;
- before starting work, obtain written consent from the GR for conducting particularly hazardous works or works where there is a risk of fire, or for carrying out works exceeding the framework laid down in the Instructions for Exhibitors. No work may be carried out without authorization;
- notify the labour inspectorate of the commencement of work within the time limits and in the cases provided for by law, ensure safe work within the exhibition stand, access routes and throughout the GR;
- separate waste and take away rubbish and clean one’s own exhibition stand: the Organiser is obliged to separate waste every day in the bins placed in the aisles of the halls (glass packaging – bottles, packaging – cans, plastic packaging, organic waste and paper). Garbage collection is organised by the GR. However, these bins are not intended for waste generated during the installation/dismantling of exhibition stands (plastic film, Styrofoam, wood waste, wood chips, metal waste and other installation/dismantling waste). The above waste must be delivered to the GR landfill located under the canopy or next to in on Vilharjeva cesta, or at other locations to be notified by the GR. The following waste must be separated: wood chips and wood, cardboard and paper, Styrofoam, plastic film, bulky waste, rolled-up carpets, packaging (plastic, cans), glass packaging and mixed waste (sweepings). In the event that the Organiser or Exhibitor fails to separate waste properly, the GR may impose a fine (€ 5,000.00) and pass on to them the costs of any additional separation and inspection penalties that may be incurred. When dismantling carpets, they must be rolled up before delivery to the landfill. If the event is organised in such a way that several different Exhibitors are involved, with the installation and dismantling being organized by different companies and a larger volume of waste is expected, the Organiser must have the GR – Ljubljana Exhibition and Convention Centre inspect the reception of the waste in advance.
The Organiser’s person in charge of coordinating the implementation:
- coordinates the work between different Contractors;
- inspects with a representative of the GR and takes over the facilities before the works start and hands them back after the dismantling is completed; a record of these inspections shall be kept as a basis for determining any damage to the GR facilities and equipment that may have occurred;
- orders (by a special GR order form) any additional services that were not contractually agreed;
- ensures that the instructions of the person in charge of occupational safety and fire safety, stewards, the fire brigade and the GR staff are followed;
- with the prior agreement of the GR, issues written authorisations for the execution of particularly hazardous work or works where there is a risk of fire, or for the execution of work which exceeds the framework laid down in the Organiser’s Instructions for Exhibitors. Before issuing the authorisation, the Event Manager shall obtain written approval from the Organiser’s authorised person for occupational safety and fire protection, specifying the measures to be taken for the execution of the works in question;
- informs workers about the measures and instructions for a safe and healthy workplace and the General Terms and Conditions for Work at the GR;
- demands that the Contractor stops work immediately if their workers violate the prescribed measures and standards for a safe and healthy workplace or the General Terms and Conditions for Work at the GR, based on the findings and requirements of the authorised person for occupational safety and fire protection;
- carries out inspections during installation, dismantling and the event, in cooperation with the responsible person for occupational safety and health;
- requests in writing, or in exceptional cases orally, that the Contractor rectifies defects or deficiencies found during the installation, at the technical inspection carried out before the start of the event, or if defects or deficiencies are found during the event itself or during the dismantling;
- complies with all applicable occupational safety and health regulations, fire safety regulations, all applicable technical regulations and standards, the General Terms and Conditions for Work at the GR and the Instructions for Exhibitors, if any;
- ensures that the movement of workers is restricted to the event area and to access and entry routes;
- in the event of a fire hazard, removes this hazard or alerts the fire officer or steward on duty and all other persons present and makes all necessary arrangements for extinguishing the fire or, if necessary, starts extinguishing the fire;
- is present in the event area at all times during installation or dismantling and the event. In their absence, they shall appoint a substitute.
4. The Organiser's safety and health and fire safety officer:
- cooperates with the Event Manager, the Organiser’s technical service provider and the Contractors’ responsible persons;
- supervises the implementation of the prescribed measures and standards for a safe and healthy workplace and the implementation of the General Terms and Conditions for Work at the GR;
- demands that the Event Manager stops their work immediately or the work of the Contractor if their workers violate the prescribed measures and standards for a safe and healthy workplace or the General Terms and Conditions for Work at the GR;
- with the prior agreement of the GR, issues written authorisations, specifying the measures to be taken for the performance of particularly hazardous works or works where there is a risk of fire, or for the execution of work which exceeds the framework laid down in the Instructions for Exhibitors issued by the Organiser;
- participates in the pre-event inspection;
- supervises the execution, rectifies any defects or deficiencies found during the installation, during the pre-event inspection, but also during the event itself and during the dismantling;
- draws up a programme of measures for a safe and healthy workplace, if necessary.
5. Restrictions or obligations on the work at the GR for the Organiser, their Contractor or the Exhibitor:
- the Organiser or Contractor must comply with the technical instructions regarding the permissible load on the floor of the exhibition halls, the height and width of the entrance ways, electrical connection rating, water pressure, etc.;
- tampering with electrical, plumbing, TT and other GR installations is not permitted. Connections shall be made by an authorised GR service. Electrical and other installations shall be made in accordance with the regulations. The GR has the right to inspect the installations;
- If the Contractor fails to carry out the installations in accordance with the regulations or fails to do so despite being warned, the connection will not be made or the junction box will be switched off;
- the use of heating elements, luminaires and distributors that do not comply with the applicable standards and technical norms is prohibited. The use of cookers with unprotected power buttons is prohibited;
- the use of sparking tools, open flames, flammable and other hazardous substances is prohibited throughout the GR premises. If the need arises for their use, the Organiser or Contractor is obliged to obtain written permission in advance from the Event Manager and to organise a fire watch. No work may be carried out without the permission and fire watch.
- tampering with the GR facilities (drilling, painting, hanging of exhibition pavilion elements and exhibits, etc.) is prohibited;
- the use of adhesive tapes that leave marks is prohibited. In the event of adhesive tape residue, the Organiser is entitled to charge for additional cleaning of the residue;
- no carpentry work is allowed in the exhibition halls, but in the event that the Organiser exceptionally permits it, suitable vacuum cleaners must be used simultaneously;
- delivery and transport vehicles are restricted to transport routes and the speed must not exceed 10km/h outdoors, and the movement of delivery and private vehicles is not allowed indoors. Transport vehicles must be equipped with warning and protective devices;
- It is only permitted to use a forklift and a lifting platform ordered from the GR – Ljubljana Exhibition and Convention Centre;
- the height of the exhibition pavilion must not exceed 2.50 m indoors and 6 m outdoors. If the Exhibitor wishes to erect a pavilion of two or more storeys, they must obtain the written permission of the Event Manager before starting the work by submitting the design of the pavilion and static calculation in advance. No work may be carried out without written permission;
- if the part of the space intended for walking is raised, the edge must be clearly marked;
- no packaging may be stored in the event area, except in a specially designated area or part thereof;
- the Organiser or Contractor of the exhibition stand is obliged to dispose of all staging materials and all construction debris (wood chips, plastic and metal scraps, adhesive tape, etc.) after the event by delivering them to the designated containers, in full compliance with the waste separation rules. In the event of non-compliance, the Organiser may impose a sanction on the offender to the same amount as provided for in the rules on sanctions of the inspection services;
- the Organiser or Contractor must ensure that all accesses to emergency exits (escape routes), emergency exits, access to hydrants and fire extinguishers are clear, clean and marked. If necessary, additional fire extinguishers or other means of extinguishing shall be installed by the Organiser and the Contractor;
- In the event of a fire hazard, the Organiser or Contractor shall remove the risk or alert the firefighter or steward on duty and all other persons present and prepare everything necessary or, if necessary, commence firefighting. In such a case, the GR reserves the right to enter the venue, even in the absence of the Organiser or Contractor;
- Smoking is prohibited in all GR indoor areas. In case of non-compliance, the Organiser may sanction the offender to the same extent as provided for in the rules on sanctions of the inspection services;
- any violation of the provisions of the General Terms and Conditions for Work at the GR, in particular where there is a risk to the workers’ health and life, to the occurrence of major damage to property or fire, shall result in compulsory suspension of work, disconnection of electricity or intervention at the expense of the Organiser or the Contractor;
- the Organiser shall be held fully materially and morally responsible for any damage caused by them or their workers to the GR, their workers or a third party;
- the GR shall not be liable for any damage, loss or destruction to the property of the Organiser or Contractor, their workers or third parties (visitors) caused by fire, storm, hail, lightning, breakage, theft, spillage of water, defects in equipment or installations, etc., or any other cause whatsoever;
- for the cases referred to in the preceding indent, the Organiser shall be obliged to take out appropriate insurance at their own expense;
- the Organiser, their Contractor or Exhibitor are obliged to vacate the premises and the GR yard by the agreed date. If this is not the case, the GR may charge a contractual penalty of EUR 500 or an additional hall user fee for the period of additional use during the period of untimely dismantling. The Organiser/Exhibitor authorises the GR to proceed immediately with the dismantling at the Organiser/Exhibitor’s expense in the event of failure to dismantle the GR on time. In doing so, the GR shall not be liable for any damage to the exhibits, equipment, etc. of the Organiser or Exhibitor. In the case of storage of equipment and objects of the Organiser/Exhibitor, the GR may charge the latter for the storage costs.
- Reservation of rights: In the event of non-payment of the preliminary invoice or bill, the GR shall have the right to retain the Exhibitor’s/Organiser’s belongings located on the GR premises for as long as payment is not executed. In the event of a delay in payment of more than 30 days, the GR shall also have the right to sell such retained items. The above shall also apply to items owned by Subcontractors/Contractors of the Organiser/Exhibitor, of which the contractual partner of the GR (the Organiser/Exhibitor) shall be obliged to inform their Contractors/Subcontractors in advance and obtain their consent
Gospodarsko razstavišče d.o.o.
Mag. Iztok Bricl
Veljavnost julij 2011